Goderich

LimbLifter

Fished the Maitland harbour, floating roe, this morning for a couple hours. Two salmon, both very dark but full of energy, and one small bow about 3 lbs. Bows aren't in the harbour yet like I expected. Water was fairly clear and tidal water provided a half decent drift. Also fished the bayfield for an hour - one salmon drifting roe near the bridge - seen one small bow caught by a bottom fisherman. Suspect the rains today will bring in some fresh fish tonight, however, we still need a good sustained downpour to get some decent flow happening.

Off to Scugog musky fishing tomorrow....will report back.

LimbLifter

thanks finally people are talking about goderich and huron tribs :)...when you mean maitland harbour is that the main river in goderich?do you ever try port albert?when you float roe do you mean with a float or with a split shot

thanks

Yes, the Maitland is the main river in Goderich. I haven't fished Port Albert in many years....mainly due to the crowds. In the harbour, depending on how deep the water is, I will use either a slip float or a standard fixed float. This way you can fish in any depth of water anywhere in the water column. Depending on the water flow I will either bulk shot my line approx 2 - 3 feet above my hook, or, if there is good flow, I will use the basic river setup - largest BB shot at the top closest to the float moving smaller and further spaced near the hook. The latter setup will allow your bait to drift in front of your float instead of dragging behind.

I was down to Bayfield on Saturday with the boat. Got 1 in the narrows just below the bridge. Really wasn't marking a lot, not even out in the lake. Little pockets of fish about 400 yards off shore but not like I would have expected.

Yes, the Maitland is the main river in Goderich. I haven't fished Port Albert in many years....mainly due to the crowds. In the harbour, depending on how deep the water is, I will use either a slip float or a standard fixed float. This way you can fish in any depth of water anywhere in the water column. Depending on the water flow I will either bulk shot my line approx 2 - 3 feet above my hook, or, if there is good flow, I will use the basic river setup - largest BB shot at the top closest to the float moving smaller and further spaced near the hook. The latter setup will allow your bait to drift in front of your float instead of dragging behind.

Im far from being the "Board Cop" but maybe you should reconsider posting the specifics on locations that you do-it is in fact in the Rules here. You are complaining about the crowds in Port Albert-maybe they read gratitituous information also. Try using "Lake Huron trib" or something generic next time.

Im far from being the "Board Cop" but maybe you should reconsider posting the specifics on locations that you do-it is in fact in the Rules here. You are complaining about the crowds in Port Albert-maybe they read gratitituous information also. Try using "Lake Huron trib" or something generic next time.
:worthy::worthy::worthy:

You're bang on here. Currently there are more than 250 people on the forum and 80 are registered members. So clearly there are a lot of lurkers here and they're just hoping someone slips up and mentions specific info.

or better yet say a river in North America! LOL

Some are getting a little anal about this location thing, who would have thought there are salmon in the Maitland imagine that.

You're bang on here. Currently there are more than 250 people on the forum and 80 are registered members. So clearly there are a lot of lurkers here and they're just hoping someone slips up and mentions specific info.

But 247 of us gave up stream fishing 25 years ago.... :D

The crowds were in Port Albert long before fishing boards on the net! If people want to wander down to the Maitland to give it a try, go for it. It's not like its a big secret there are fish in there. I've seen several posts mention, given that its October, that all tribs will have fish in them, you just need to put in the leg work. What....look out, the rivers are going to be loaded with fisherman now!!! There is a ton of information on very specific fishing locations on the internet with much of this information posted by the MNR. It is very easy to surf and find new spots to fish....the question is, can you actually catch fish in these spots??? Out of approx. 20 fisherman at the Maitland harbour, only 2 people had fish on all morning.....some fisherman I talked to mentioned they will not be returning.

Do you write all the fishing shows that give out the location of the rivers/lakes? Maybe we should ask these fishing shows to refrain from mentioning locations and to block out the background in the video...that might work! :P

And maybe your too gullable? :lol:

sometimes I am .... but when it states in the sign up regs on this site NOT be posting specific bodies of water... and then some one does,,,, and then some smart ass like you posts your response... I DO SOMETHING about it.....

Have a NICE day.. unless you already have other plans. :asshat:

sometimes I am .... but when it states in the sign up regs on this site NOT be posting specific bodies of water... and then some one does,,,, and then some smart ass like you posts your response... I DO SOMETHING about it.....

Have a NICE day.. unless you already have other plans. :asshat:

I went through a good number of you past posts looking for one where you posted a body of water. Couldn't find one....your are true to your word, I will refrane from posting locations in the future. Your moon was a little distrubing though....

lol..

Pretty soon its gonna look like this,..

"I went fishing on Rice Lake at the western part of Sugar Island, GPS coordinates 2761, 2771."

"I went fishing on Rice Lake."

"I went fishing in water."

"I went fishing."

"I went out."

Then there will be no text, just pictures with everything photoshopped out except the fish.