What I have to show for the last Month of fishing ....

Lunker777

Well, its been a busy end to the summer. I missed out on alot of things !

Our local bay went through a crazy year. A school of musky apparently followed a school of perch in the bay and then decided to hang around for a while. There were reports of monster fish being caught and lots of pics as well.(of fish caught by other people) They are posted on other sites,I would post but it would take a while and Im just lazy. :blush: A friend of mine caught a 37lbs fish, Ive heard of a 44lbs fish being caught as well... but that was a guy talking at the launch so I am VERY skeptical ! Like I said... there are pics of 50+ inch fish, and many of them. It is so crazy because musky haven't been caught in the bay for years... 20+ years !

The full moon was the time to hit them I guess, All the action happened in about a week span and then calmed back down. There are some smaller musky in there now, but Im not hearing reports of the big girls any more. I'm waiting for the full moon at the beginning of October... see if that stirs the pot a bit !

I finally got to get out on the water and have a shot a catching a few... but I guess I was late for the crazy action :wallbash: ..... We hit the water last Saturday for about 3 and a half hours. We went 2/3 and that was about it. Long afternoon of cleaning lines 75% of the time ! hahah Rondeau bay is not a bay for trolling !

My fish.... No weight or length... The markings are great on this fish !

008.jpg

Didn't take a shot of the second because she was pretty small... I would say around 30" .... And my buddy didn't deem it to deserve a photo !

I tried it again by myself the following day.... Must I say .... I love the luxury of trolling in a Ranger Z620 as opposed to my 14' tinny hahah But it will do.

It was a tough day with the wind and weeds making trolling nearly impossible. I managed to get a bite white letting the lure out with the rod still in my hands. hahah That was a surprise to say the least. I looked behind the boat and saw some thrashing about 20 ft. back in the prop wash and I got stunned for a second.... once I came to and took the baot out of gear and tried to get ready to fight the fish.... I lost it ! and that was all for that day.... SKUNKED !

Other than the musky.... I have been able to hit the bay a couple times for bass, but nothing like early summer. Oh... and managed to get my first SKUNKING of the summer.... approx. 6hrs... NO FISH !

I managed to slip out for about an hour and a half one friday night...and managed to hook into this 4lbs 3oz I got on a junior spro frog. The color name, I cant think of, but white on the bottom, green on top ! Only Fish that night !

001.jpg

On one outing with a friend of mine... I was kind of guiding, I gave him a rod and we just kind of played close to shore in a few weed beds with wacky rigged senkos. We fished for about 4 hours and caught around 15-20 fish.... they were all around a pound, give or take.... I had a good one hit and break off .... I guess the whole re tieing rule comes to play when fishing for bass with very light line... 8# test.

Other then that, its been a pretty slow and boring last few weeks.... only to get worse as the cold gets here. Work till 5... get dark at 7 30 NOW... Weekends are my only option.

Im not really a hard water guy.... Ice isn't my thing! hahah

Thanks for looking ! :Gonefishing:

Edited by Lunker777

nice ski and an excellent bass. i'm always impressed with the size of largemouths caught up there. that bass is what? probably 7-8 yrs old

I couldn't tell you the age, but the sizes up here are good. I've caught a few fish this summer that were 4lbs+

Its a good fishery untill the weed growth gets to much... If you have 150hp = pushing you you should be fine... but with my 18hp tiller.... Im limited to where I can go... Im ALWAYS cleaning weeds from the prop !