This past weekend at Nine Mile Lake

mahman

So this past weekend THEBOATMAN, K-DUB (fellow OFC members and personal friends of mine) and myself went to Nine Mile Lake (near Parry Sound, Ontario) to catch some fish.

Earlier last week we came to OFC and posted asking for some tips, information and comments about Nine Mile Lake and as it turns out I only go one reply about it so I thought I would share my experience.

Firstly, the boat launch was fantastic; we launched the boat at a beach where we found small rocks that layered the sand. We thought this was our best shot in order to have some solid traction for the truck. Once we got the boat in the water we headed out to the main lake where the average depth was approximately 25 to 35ft with a sandy bottom. The water had good visibility and was fairly warm for this time of the year.

There is a massive sand bar that crosses the entire lake and when we first tried to go over it our trolling motor was stirring up the sand so we had to back track and hit it from a different direction. If you plan on going there make sure you keep your eyes open! Along the one side of the lake you'll find a nice rock wall that spans a good chunk of the lake. We marked quite a lot of fish along it but didn't manage to catch anything.

The majority of the day was trolling deep divers with an occational cast into small bays working the wacky rigs and top waters.

I managed to catch a nice 8lb pike trolling (hopefully the picture below worked!) aswell a smaller pike. We also pulled out 2 nice smallmouths!

The weather was great and the lake was quiet.

Keep your lures in the water!

IMG_2012.jpg

IMG_2013.jpg

IMG_2015.jpg

IMG_2016.jpg