Trip t Lac Seul with Dad in-law

limeyangler

Hi all,

Took my father inlaw and his brother to lac Seul for some walleye.He's from down south (Dorchester) and his brother lives across the lake from us here in Dryden.

Had promised some good fishing and the old lake did not dissappoint. Only thing is the father in law is the original Archie Bunker, complains about everything.....and he is the first person i've been with on Lac Seul to complain about the fishing!!!

We had to laugh, he was getting stressed about having to throw back all the 21" - 28" fish we were catching. I kept telling him that we would get our limit of keeper size and to shut up whining...relax, and enjoy catching some big walleye whilst slowly reaching our limit....lol...but i think he just likes whinging...strangely enough it is what i like about him most...its very entertaining. We did keep 3 overslot size fish just to keep him quiet in the end...something i dont like to do normally....why kill a big breeding brute when you'll geta small one eventually...and even if ya dont...you can always come back.

Anyway.....first reef we went to was very slow.

Second spot took 20 mins to locate the side of the reef the fish were on....we then anchored up and the bite was on fire. All were using 3/8 ounce jigs and minnows....we had a couple dozen 5"/6" sucker minnows too which were popular with the big walters.....also popular with Jackfish too unfortunately.

The fish were hugging so close to bottom you could not see any on the graph.,but with the anchor down you could watch your jig go down and entice them up off the bottom.

Here's a few pics vids from our afternoon.

ASSORTED VIDEO CLIPS FROM THE AFTERNOON

UNCLE DUANE WITH A LITTLE BASS

P9190041.jpg

P9190042.jpg

ANOTHER KEEPER COMING TO THE BOAT

P9190046.jpg

P9190047.jpg

COUPLE NICE ONES

P9190053.jpg

P9190058.jpg

WAS SAVING THE BIGGEST SUCKER MINNOW FOR A HOG WALLEYE, BUT NOBODY TOLD THIS LILE GUY THAT!

P9190064.jpg

P9190067.jpg

DAD INLAW WITH FISH.

P9190070.jpg

Edited by limeyangler

Great report, pics and video Simon :thumbsup_anim:

Man that lake sure produces top quality eyes and to be able to spend quality time with family.... Priceless!!!

You sure got them eyes dialed in mon ami!!! Congratulations :clapping:

I too got into some today but not as big as the ones you caught LOL

Will be posting a report soon.

Thanks for sharing Simon and keep up the great work!!!

Jacques