Choices choices choices ?

splashhopper

Since this is my first season targeting bass, I am really torn between putting the time in looking for trout and salmon now or go after late season bass.

I mainly fish for the bass in land locked lakes so I am not too worried about them heading downstream to one of the great lakes...

But as I do more reading on seasonal patterns for the bass, the consensus seems to be that the largemouth bass will almost shut down as the water cools and the smallies will remain feeding provided it isn't too much work to get fed :dunno:

So, since I got back in to fishing two winters ago, I know that now is the time I need to be scouting out the tribs ( before those areas close) and getting to know the river beds before the fall rains come in and make it that much more difficult to identify cover and relief from the current for the steelies.

For all you fishermen out there that are "dually addicted" to bass and trout, what are you targeting at this time of the year and why ?

Thanks

Splashhopper

I've been thinking about the same thing to make my weekend plans. I assume by trout you mean steelies. I'll likely go for bass since I'll go for steelies once the bass are done. Plus many of the areas I like to target for steel are probably full of salmon guys this weekend.

Best of luck with whatever you choose.

Edited by timmeh