LSC musky with CanAm Charter

Handlebarz

For a while now I have wanted t oget my father out with a good friend of mine Rick Verbeem who runs CanAm Charter here on LSC yesterday we had plans to hit the water in the Am but Rick had called me around 7am and we called it off as it was pounding more then I wanted to take Dad out in this was to be a fun quick trip not a all day thing around 9am they put out a small craft warning so we thought it was a bust for the day. so instead I went and watched my daughter bowling and had some family time well around 2:30 Rick calls and asked if we could head out as the lake had layed down I call dad and it was like in the cartoons he was at the house before I could put teh water in the cooler and heck I am not joking about that.

Any way we get to the launch around 3:30 and are out fishing all lines set by 4:15 30 min into the afternoon the first rod goes off Dad yer up

IMG_6092.jpg

A quick pic and she is off again to fight another day low 40" class fish

IMG_6096.jpg

We had some time between fish it was about 5:45 when another rod goes dad yer up no thanks he was still pooped (as he would say) so I take the rod

47 3/4" she went into the live well bag that Rick has on his boat for bigger fish so they will get a good revival in there with fresh water and airrator's going I tell you these things work great and its nice t osee them in action she was a little tired when she went in but you could watch her regain her strength and it seems alot safer for both the fish and us then hanging over the side of a big boat.

Here she is just out of the bag and ready to head back out

IMG_6100.jpg

We had two shakers at the boat side both in the mid 30" range here is Rickey going to pop out teh hooks in the one as it was just lightly hooked a quick pop out and it was gone.

IMG_6104.jpg

Well we were 4 for 5 at this time that was my fault as I had just lost one about 5 min to 8oclock so we are making out turn to the home front Rick sais he still feels that tehre is another waiting and sure enough at 8:00 the dinner bell rings Dad wants this one so here he is fighting it

IMG_6106.jpg

I then had to help out as this one did not want any thing to do with us and took him out to 270' after a 13min battle I won here she is in the bag she was tired and needed this again what a tool this bag system is and for anyone who wants this system call Jos at Angling Outfitters he will hook you up and he also knows how much 02 they need you know the tecky stuff he is into.

IMG_6112.jpg

IMG_6113.jpg

after she was in the bag for a while she was more then ready to go we had the spot lights ready took two quick pics and she went home ready for another few pounds this one measured 48 1/8" but was a fat 22 /1/2" and solid all the way through.

IMG_6114.jpg

IMG_6115.jpg

This was the perfict way to finish a 4 hour trip on the water 5 for 6 again my fault on the one fish I watched it pulling the release clip and took the rod before I should have LOL I sucked but it felt small and heck we might not have caught the last fish had I not screwed up <_< We also had 4 other fish pulling line that could not pop the release two of the little biggers were at the same time we were watching the one release clip pull around and take a bit of line from a small fish when a down rod started the same they both let go Kids at play we figured.

I have sent many people from OFC to Rick in the past and everyone has gone home with fish and good times give him a call if you want to hit LSC be sure to tell him I sent you and he will give you a great day on the water one other thing he works his ass off when he is out on his boat.

Cheers

"took him out to 270'" WOW. That one must be part salmon. I am now wondering what the lake record is?

They don't have to monsters to take you out 270'.... 50-60' leads, another 50-60' oout to the planer boards and a couple good runs.

Mike and I were out a couple weeks ago and he caught a 40"+ and the reel was screaming for at least a minute. I don't know how far that one got out but it was exhilerating!

Well done MrEh Sr., Jr. and Rick, great report!

Yes Dad had alot of fun out there he is still talking about it and sending the pics to his friends we get out as much as we can in my boat but I wanted him to have a nice night out where we can both just relax (well I could not site around and did help with the rods) but there was no driving or needing to make the plan on what we are going to try next that was what Rick was doing and our friend Cody was a great first mate.

the 270' of line was from a board rod but it was only 100-120 total out for it that fish just did not want to see what was on the other end of the line he took.

Brian this weekend we will try and have a reapete for three days.