Pleasure Craft Card

Kawartha Kev

I was wondering what happens after Sept.15 with the pleasure craft card. I got mine the first year they introduced them 10 years ago so I am not worried about it but a friend was wondering. I know you can be fined etc. but I was wondering if they are going to change the way you can get one after Sept. 15? Is there going to be an age requirement or some sort of graduated system lice the drivers license so the government can fleece people for money or maybe make people do a course etc. has anyone heard anything just curious.

Kawartha Kev

now that its mandatory, we are all gonna have to renew at some point I would imagine,its a tax grab like all others,theres many folks up here in shoals every summer cause they cant follow the basic navagational beacons,you dont even need to write your own test,dont pay unless ya pass damn joke really

I was listening to the "Outdoor Journal Radio Show" on The Fan590 this past weekend & they

had an OPP officer on and asked him what would happen if you got caught without a

"Pleasure Craft Operator Card" after September 15 - Quite a cash grab.

First a $250.00 fine for not having a card on your person.

Then a $45.00 Federal Processing Fee which can go up each time The Feds catch

you without an outdated card or liscense of any kind.

There is also a Provinical Processing Fee of $5.00.

If you get caught without an operator card - there could be a possibilty you might not

have all the safety equipment required for your boat so it could turn into a rather expensive

day on the water.......

The OPP officer said a photocopy of the card would be ok so I have done that and laminated

a few copies & put it in a couple of my tackleboxes/bags........

I have my card - had it for a few years now - but sometimes I'll let my 6 year old son man the wheel/throttle with me sitting right next to him. I hope the police would not give me any grief about that.

Of course I do this when there are no other boats around but I suppose if they used their binoculars they could see who was driving then rush over and request a card. On second thought, I may just get him to do the test.

Is there going to be an age requirement or some sort of graduated system lice the drivers license so the government can fleece people for money or maybe make people do a course etc. has anyone heard anything just curious.

Kawartha Kev

I believe anyone of any age who operates a boat with a motor will have to have one. 12 years old or 92 years old.

But I think there are HP restrictions for kids/teens.

now that its mandatory, we are all gonna have to renew at some point I would imagine,its a tax grab like all others,theres many folks up here in shoals every summer cause they cant follow the basic navagational beacons,you dont even need to write your own test,dont pay unless ya pass damn joke really

Once you get the card it is good for life. No renewal. Ever.

Guest gbfisher

They need to be replaced every now and then. For a fee of course. The writing on the cards wears off after a while. I put mine in my wallet when I got it and haven't taken it out much. You cant read my name or the card number anymore. Bruce didn't fine me that time but next time he said he would. Money Grab.

I watched two boats hit two shoals in less than 5 mins last weekend. All of which should have had a license for the boats they were driving.

Funny to watch some when they approach a marker buoy and there's only one....and its in the middle of the channel....... :lol: