Jordan harbour

bigugli

Past 2 days I've been busy packing and freezing tomatoes from the farm.

DSCN2776-1.jpg

By the time all was done, there was another 170lbs in the freezer. Probably need another bushel yet with all the salsa we make.

The reward was a quick trip down the road to the harbour before dark. No problem finding the bass. They were hitting spinnerbaits, tubes and 6" twisters. Most were dinks.

DSCN2777.jpg

DSCN2778.jpg

one decent bass.

DSCN2779.jpg

Spent a little time looking for perch, but they hadn't moved in yet. Only caught a couple.

DSCN2780.jpg

Great way to blow 2 hours.

Edited by bigugli

Nice haul there, especially from somewhere local. Funny, I was thinking about hitting there a couple days ago, looks like I'll definitely be checking it out now. Hey Bigugli, next time yer down there, bring an extra jar of salsa, just in case I run into you. ;) And if I'm not asking too much, spaghetti sauce too. :)

Edited by Hooked

Good fishin' as usual Bigugli. And a nice haul of tomatoes. I always say. if someone hasn't eaten a freshly picked tomatoe, they've never tasted a tomato! Isn't it funny how the ones at the grocery store are bland and tastless comparitively.

Anyhoo, hope to run into ya one of these days down in the Pennisula!

Good fishin' as usual Bigugli. And a nice haul of tomatoes. I always say. if someone hasn't eaten a freshly picked tomatoe, they've never tasted a tomato! Isn't it funny how the ones at the grocery store are bland and tastless comparitively.

Anyhoo, hope to run into ya one of these days down in the Pennisula!

We all have a choice. The tomato ripened in the truck :P or the one ripened on the vine ;)

We must have sold well over 1000lb at the market Saturday and another 200lb+ of fancy cherry toms. The stuff I was packing was what was left from the last 2 weeks picks and too ripe for market now. I've got no more room in the freezer til I boil some down :blink: