Shade's Mill, Guelph Lake or Belwood Lake?

oates

Hi all,

Was thinking to rent a canoe and do some fishing mid week, figured I would pretty much have an area to myself with kids back at school/sept. and all. If you had to pick one of these areas, which would you pick? I'm leaning towards shade's mill since it is the quietest?

Which one of these places do you think would produce the best midweek in Sept. with not many people around?

Thanks

I fish both Guelph and Belwood ....just spent sunday and monday on Belwood...if your a bass fisherman go to guelph...the far shoreline near 24 holds alot of buckets fish tight to the cover there holding in there hard....if its walleye your after Belwoods your lake..drop in in town at the launch and go straigh across the lake...it's not far there...fish the 16-20 ft zone....about 30 feet off the far shore if you don't have a finder...fish going the opposite way of the bridge!! theres rock all down that side...keep going back and forth across there you'll find them forsure...hope this helps have a great week...If you decide guelph let me know I go out 2-3 times a week there(I live 1 km away) maybe see you out there can show you some spots

Edited by tightline

I fish both Guelph and Belwood ....just spent sunday and monday on Belwood...if your a bass fisherman go to guelph...the far shoreline near 24 holds alot of buckets fish tight to the cover there holding in there hard....if its walleye your after Belwoods your lake..drop in in town at the launch and go straigh across the lake...it's not far there...fish the 16-20 ft zone....about 30 feet off the far shore if you don't have a finder...fish going the opposite way of the bridge!! theres rock all down that side...keep going back and forth across there you'll find them forsure...hope this helps have a great week...If you decide guelph let me know I go out 2-3 times a week there(I live 1 km away) maybe see you out there can show you some spots

Out of curiosity when fishing 16-20ft for eyes is it best to jig out there or bounce harnesses? Thinking of heading up there some time.