Carpin' today!

Beans

Today I had the pleasure of meeting and fishing with two fine young men from the OFC board...MJL and Victor

Pboro03Sep09002a.jpg

I received an invite to do an overnighter with MJL, Victor and Wolfville but as I explained to them I'm getting too long in the tooth for doing overnighters anymore ...Damn the luck !...Wolfville had left before I arrived...

Instead I took a run down to where they were fishing this morning to join them...

I'll leave the fishing results to them to report as all I had was a couple of runs that resulted in hook-pullouts...Gotta stop hitting that "quick release" button...

I hope they didn't mind me bending their ears with my fishing exploits from years gone bye...I wasn't nicknamed Beans-Talk-a-Lot at Lakair for nuttin"...LOL

Edited by Beans

Were they paying more attention to barbecuing and eating than fishing. I spent a little time with one of them and found out why all those hitech thingies are necessary. One can't be cooking and eating obsessively and still pay attention to carp nibbles. It's real hard to set a hook with yer fingers all slippery from chicken grease. The buzzers et al are all that saves them from skunks. ;)

JF

Were they paying more attention to barbecuing and eating than fishing. I spent a little time with one of them and found out why all those hitech thingies are necessary. One can't be cooking and eating obsessively and still pay attention to carp nibbles. It's real hard to set a hook with yer fingers all slippery from chicken grease. The buzzers et al are all that saves them from skunks. ;)

JF

:D I learned my lesson after that ... now I won't eat anything that's greasy, with hot dogs, I could just toss them anywhere and fight my fish haha.

It was a pleasure meeting/fishing with you Beans, I actually got a fish right after you drove off and we got about 3-4 fish within the next 45min ... Enjoyed your stories especially when the fishing was pretty slow in the morning ... I was just a little bit zoned out as I didn't get a chance to rest during the night because of all the action :P

Hopefully we can do it again soon! I got home not too long ago and I just want my bed now.

Better a hot dog then a bbq chicken wing lol.

By now i thought you would have learned you lesson, the second you grab some food your alarm will go off. Its just the way it is for you.

How did you guys make out?

I kept the stats and just sent it off to MJL, he should be compiling a report sometime soon.