I just missed the BEST picture

Dara

I've always felt that tim hortons should consider restricting drive-thrus to only coffee (and maybe donuts/muffins). Any sandwich, combos, etc. should be purchased inside. Whenever I need to buy a sandwich I always go in, I know how frustrating it is for the guy behind me to have to wait the extra 30-45sec for me to get my meal. Not only that the lineup quickly increases.

Rock on, I agree. Sort of. lol

What i think should be strictly a walk in service......or actually it should be call in only.........Is the gopher in the drive thru that is on an office coffee run with a LIST for him and his 11 co-workers. All 12 drink different coffees. Uhhhhhh ill have 1 double double........uhhhhhhh, ill have 1 with 1 cream and 1 sugar decaf, uhhhhhhhh, ill have one with 1 cream and 3 sugars, ill have 1 double double.............Sir you already said 1 double double, do you want 2 of them, uhhhhhhhh......wait what?? It becomes a "whos on first" skit

I love living here. Other than Timmies(and I go to country style anyway) there are no lineups for anything. There is no traffic except for 15 minutes at 5 oclock.

I can be fishing just about any species, either downtown, half an hour including launching time, or a back lake for walleyes or bass in an hour.

You can do your banking, grocery shopping, Canadian tire and the beer store in about 2 hours on Saturday morning.

sigh...life is good :)

2) The line-ups at drive-thru for coffee shops and restaurants is a testament to just how lazy our society is becoming.

A big Roger on that.

I just chuckle at all the poor, clueless saps sitting in a 20 car line-up while I motor on by with my travel mug that I filled up at home with my much-better coffee, and maybe a thermos besides. On the rare occasion when I want a store-bought coffee, and Tim`s is the only thing handy, I`ll ALWAYS go inside rather than wait at the drive-thru. I`m in and out and gone while others are still waiting in line.

--

I love living here. Other than Timmies(and I go to country style anyway) there are no lineups for anything. There is no traffic except for 15 minutes at 5 oclock.

Same where I live --- especially if I go to Sturgeon Falls (8 minutes away) rather than North Bay (15 minutes away). Sturgeon has grocery stores, Can. Tire, Beer Store, LCBO, bait shops, 3 building supply stores, a couple of good discount stores, and free parking. Usually no waits for anything.

On the other hand, the Tim Horton`s is ALWAYS congested, but since I avoid it like the plague I`m good to go. :D

For years, at the school where I taught, I ran a coffee fund. Everybody that wanted to paid me $10 at the start of the year. When I got to school in the morning, earlier than most, I`d start the coffee so that everyone could grab a cup before the day started and there would always be fresh coffee on until after lunch. Always fresh milk in the fridge, sugar on the counter, quality coffee (Maxwell House or Folger`s). Anyone in the fund who took the last cup would brew a fresh pot. Anyone not in the fund could buy individual coffees for 25 cents. I usually did not have to ask for another $10 until January. Pretty good deal.

What killed it was that more and more of my co-workers started coming in with Tim Horton`s coffee in the morning, for which privilege they waited in a long drive-thru lineup (I used to drive by it every morning) and paid at least $1.50 a cup. I concluded that there`s some sort of status associated with throwing your money away and inconveniencing yourself.

The coffee fund died a neglected death. Personally I started bringing a thermos in my briefcase.