us2 to fishfinder question

Guest nuker

i have an eagle cuda 128 portable fishfinder. it has a wire from the transducer that forks at the end. one end goes to the batteries, the other goes to the back of the fishfinder. So the power and sonar signals are combined into a 6-pin plug.

my new trolling motor has us2 on it. i just ordered the mkr-us2-9 cable that is compatible with this unit. it is a 6-pin, identical in pattern.

What i'm realizing now is, when i plug the us2 cable to the back of the fishfinder, it will not have power!

the us2 cable that goes to the motor only has 4 pins. 2 for sonar, and i suppose 2 for temperature. i find it unlikely that power will come from the us2 cable.

anyone come across this scenario with a similar fishfinder, and how did you solve it?

Hi nuker,

The US2 works fine, I have been running a built in transducer for 5 years now and have had great success with them.I still run mine on a splitter with my side imaging transducer on the motor as well. The adapter for the US2 is only for temp and depth, nothing more and should only go into the sonar port for the graph, not the power... if that adapter you ordered is only fitting the power inlet then I would assume they sent you the wrong model.

JP

the cable from mk is correct. it is the right pin out for sonar and temp. the problem is my fishfinder has power and sonar/temp in the same port. that's the 6 pins. 4 are sonar/temp and grounds, 2 are power and power ground.

Is there no way to connect the US2 adapter to the original split from the Cuda? Maybe a splitter that needs to be installed?... from looking at the set up I can definitely see your problems. Maybe we're both just missing the obvious here :huh:

I bought a plug in us2 for my trolling motor by mistake, I just dug it out and see that it has the silver plug that goes to the motor but it also has a separate cable for the power that connects into the 6 pin back of the depth finder.

this is of NO use to me. send me your address and I'll stick it in the mail to you.

it's thursday night if you get this tonight try and call me at 807-727-3971 and I can get it in the mail tomorrow.

Edited by grt1