Driving down to Point Pelee & Detroit (kinda NF)

Victor

Hey OFC,

I'm heading west with the family for the upcoming weekend and I'm hoping someone who has done something similar can let me know where/what is worthwhile to visit. There wouldn't be much fishing time as I'm with the whole family. As of now, we plan to visit Point Pelee National Park, spend a day on Pelee Island. Of course we'll go over to states side for BPS and prime outlet for the ladies.

Am I missing anything here? I will try to squeeze in a few hours of fishing I guess, any "must-fish" areas?

Thank you once again!

Victor

I've been to Pt. Peele when i was younger...The boat ride to the island was kinda cool.

You can take a walk on peele isand the "point" .. Its supposed to be the same Latitude? as california..

When i was there we rented these crappy bikes for an outragous price and rode around the island.. There is a restaurant on one side, not sure which one.

If you want to bring a rod around there are some alright looking spots off the side of the road.. kinda like lake ontario.. deep with large retaining rocks.. maybe some smallies hiding in there.

Have fun..

Thanks Pikehunter & Shore_Lunch

We do plan on renting bikes at pelee island ... $20 for a full day ... helps kill some time I guess as I don't think there is really that much to do on the island. I will bring a travel rod and try to catch a fish or two.

Thanks again.

Visit this place!

Our pavilion is the hub of activity on the island during the summer. Join us for an interactive wine tour, wine tasting, shopping or garden barbeque. After eating, take a stroll along our Red Cedar Savannah nature trail through the heart of Pelee Island.

Relax in our wine garden overlooking the lake or visit our extensive gift shop, where you can

purchase wine, clothing, cookbooks and wine paraphernalia from our friendly and knowledgeable sales representatives.

Hours:

May - June 25th Daily 9:30 a.m. - 8 p.m.

Tours at 11 a.m., 1 p.m., 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.

July - August Daily 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.

September - October Daily 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.