Long Point Bay Largemouth

evster

Spent this past weekend at my parent's boat on Long Point Bay. I hear again and again how great the fishing is there but I have rarely gone out, other than fishing off the docks and in the marina. This is mostly because we are usually there with a bunch of people who don't really want to go fishing, nor do they want to get sea sick sitting in the middle of the bay. Finally we had a weekend there where it was just myself, my wife and my parents. So fishing was on the agenda.

Having never fished it before we were going on what we have heard from people but we were also just trying to do some searching. Its a bit tough to cover water when you are fishing out of a 34 footer though! We tried a couple spots with no success, then finally found a nice big flat of weeds. We dropped the anchor and let the boat settle, I through out a white spinnerbait and withing three cranks of the reel, this guy slammed it. A nice 4 pounder.

3828681886_4c286000b5_b.jpg

Most times when a fish hits the first cast it is usually a good sign. But unfortunately for us that was the only fish of the day. We only fished for an hour or two, but it was enough to make me want to get out there to fish more often. I'll have to make sure I get a boat that will be comfortable out there.

Here is a pic of the boat we were fishing out of. Not the best largemouth hunter, but it did the trick. Hopefully this fall we'll try to get some big Erie smallmouth if we can find them.

3828750118_9eca1193f0_b.jpg

Did you get a custom shaft for your bow mount trolling motor?

Hah! At one point my dad was sitting up on the bow on a lawn chair and I thought, if only we had a really long bowmount trolling motor, this would be an awesome big water bass boat :P

That is one fancy bass boat.

I just say I was fishing from the cottage, it just so happens that this cottage floats!

Did you hit up any of the places I said in the tinnie?

No I didn't, but thanks for the info, I definitely will at some point. We fished strait out from there by the channel markers. I didn't end up bringing the tinnie because the plan changed and we spent the night out on the water by the lighthouse with some of my parents friends. So I knew I wouldn't have any evening or morning time and wasn't really sure how much fishing time there'd be. So I just left it at home. Thanks though! I will try it out soon and let you know.

Oh ya, and Rich. I will be taking you up on that offer. Lets set it up.

Edited by evster