Great Day on The Credit

GreenCanada

Hey all!

So I had to pick up the parents yesterday evening from the airport but thought I would go to my special spot on the Credit River for some daytime fishing.

Well, surprisingly I have never landed a Brown trout, though I have had many on over the past few years. I typically prefer to fish barbless hooks so I find the trout can shake the hooks easier too. Anyways, the location I was fishing doesn't have any "special" regulations so either way I can go barbless or not.

So to make a long story short I got to my spot around 11am and walked up the river fishing towards my sweet spot. From 11am until about 4pm I managed to catch and land 8 brown trout, and as a bonus another 5 rainbows. The largest was a brown around 13" and rainbow close to the same. None were less than 10 and everyone of them fought like a dream! I didn't keep any, as I wasn't going home anytime soon but I had an amazing day and just wanted to share the experience of landing my first 8 browns!!

Sorry, I was on my own and I typically don't take pics when river fishing because I don't like to keep the fish out of the water while I try to take a pic.

What were you using? Spinners, worms ect. You should get into fly fishing in that river. Also go in the evenings or mornings for better results. The big guys will likely be more willing to take your lure/bait. The only problem about that section this time of year is the tempreture. It puts a lot of stress on the fish. Bill.