Going fishing at the Elora Gorge...

Metal Inc

Going fishing at the Elora Gorge this weekend for the first time and I was wondering if anyone could advise whats good to use there. I hear there are some nice brown trout, bass and pike there. Could anyone give some tips on fishing the Elora Gorge, whats good to use there or know any hot spots there?

Make sure to obey all the special regulations in that area. Some sections of river are no live bait, one barbless hook per lure and catch & release only. If you fish right in the park itself, then none of these regs apply. I've had luck for browns with panther-marten spinners in gold blade, black body colours.

If you are fishing in the park its going to be crazy busy with all the people going down in kayaks and tubes and canoes, so fish will probably be spooked.

Now small mepps spinners size 0-1 have worked for me, the best one was just the plain silver one.

Last year i caught a lot of bass in the park but this year none so far, kinda weird like that.

If you are allowed to use live bait in the park then worms will work as well, bottom bounce them in deeper pools and you should get some hits.