International Plowing match 2009

Jonny

looks like a good time, and a way for the urban people to get a good first hand look at where their food actually comes from instead of the grocery store.

For sure. I wonder if anyone here has ever attended the IPM? Any impressions?

My wife and I are thinking of going. We've never been to anything like this unless you count the Calgary Stampede.

i cant say for sure about this one, but a small sleepy town near us hosted the u.s. event years ago, and it was a major deal, with people and exhibitors from all across the country. go for sure and let us know how it was.

jason

Held in Ontario's Natural Retreat(Bruce County) a couple times in my life time. Once in Walkerton and last year in Teeswater. They tend to be huge. Large areas of land set aside for events(truck pulls, tractor pulls, horse shows, lifestock shows, etc.) and hundreds and hundreds of vendors/displays(John Deere and other farm equipment, large farmer displays, small business displays, seed companies, views into the future of farming, the past history of farming, etc. There's usually music and dance going on, and I'm pretty sure you can walk around drinking beers(or at least there's a beer tent). Anything and everything to do with farming and rural life can be there.

Good times.

YeeHaw

My wife and I are thinking of going. We've never been to anything like this unless you count the Calgary Stampede.

Go you should enjoy it.

I have attended a few as a volunteer with St. John Ambulance to provide first aid services.

On top of farm equipment there are many different displays including many things a homeowner, cottager and sportsmen/women would use or find interesting. Also there was some good food. When they are in southwestern Ontario they are very well attended.

Rick

I did some plowing when I was a teenager and my Grandpa still owned a farm, and the IMP was the highlight of the year. Now I live in the city and sit in front of a computer every day.