Lake St.Clair has a new Muskellunge Record !

Lunker777

Man!!!!! Seeing alot of big fish this year. Cant wait to see more pics of that fish. Question? How did that fish end up in a tank on shore?

I don't know to much about the tourney, but I guess most musky tournaments are a kill tourney... and this particular one is a catch and release tournament. So I guess the anglers need to make a livewell on their boat big enough to hold a musky of this size.... then you buy these portable livewells for weigh in. Pretty huge livewell eh ??? hahah

I cant imagine there are any kill musky torneys or live wells to do the job.

I know on the musky charter I was on last year.... he had a sack on board that he would put a big musky in to revive it. They are the ones to worry about right.... once it should some signs on life he would send it back.

If you read deeper into the post on the other website, one guy says something about a boat that had a livewell built to hold 2 fish that size.

Alot of the big boats here on LSC have big live wells to help revive big girls when they are out fishing that is cool in my books if they are tired they get to relax on the boat until they are ready to go off to home again.

But I think it has to be hard on the fish to take the ride into shore from where ever they were fishing and yes some would be fishing 11 miles away or farther from a weigh spot on the lake then have to ride into the shore and get the fish measured and then take the ride back out if it is released to me that is just to much extra stress on a big fish like this one.

I fish the MCI musky outing on LSC as it is measure at boat side take a scale sample for the MNR and release the fish back on the spot it takes no longer then if you were out fishing with your buddies for the day. But I can not support a tourney that mandates you must run a fish into shore to have it measured I dont know if there is a rule that you must have a large live well on board or not.

Our live well would handle that fish (now we just have to accomodate it :lol: ). Actually, Paul calls it the "revive well" because that's pretty much what we use it for most of the time.

Sweet fish!!!

Joey

Guest steel'n'esox

In the US Paul Hartman runs the best musky tourney where each boat has a spotter, and once a fish is caught, the spotter takes a lenght picture with a measuring device thats common to all participants, as well as a picture clearly showing the fish on the measuring device, the fish is then properly released, with the spotter and angler ensuring a safe release at the location caught, reducing unneeded stresses of been in a livewell till measuring or weighing can take place, and then been released in unfamiliar areas.

In the US Paul Hartman runs the best musky tourney where each boat has a spotter, and once a fish is caught, the spotter takes a lenght picture with a measuring device thats common to all participants, as well as a picture clearly showing the fish on the measuring device, the fish is then properly released, with the spotter and angler ensuring a safe release at the location caught, reducing unneeded stresses of been in a livewell till measuring or weighing can take place, and then been released in unfamiliar areas.

Now that seems to make way more sense than bringing the fish to shore. As awsome as it would be to see a fish of that size up close and live I dont think its worth the risk of moving fish all day.

That to has been suggested here but I dont think it will go anywhere I would think that if the big salmon tourneys can do it then why cant these ones also do this.

There seem to be an unusual amount of monster muskies coming from the southern Ontario regions this year. LSC, L.Onatrio, Georgian and Nippissing... Usually seeing these caliber of fish coming from NW areas like LOTW and Eagle... Good job by all down here representing.

My musky bite has been a little off this year, but so has my time on the water. Apparently getting married is taking more time out of my sced than i was anticipating. It starts already. Guess its time to lay down the law :blink::)

Good LUCK with that let us know how it works out for you & who wears the pants around your place hahaha

Richard

There seem to be an unusual amount of monster muskies coming from the southern Ontario regions this year. LSC, L.Onatrio, Georgian and Nippissing... Usually seeing these caliber of fish coming from NW areas like LOTW and Eagle... Good job by all down here representing.

My musky bite has been a little off this year, but so has my time on the water. Apparently getting married is taking more time out of my sced than i was anticipating. It starts already. Guess its time to lay down the law :blink::)

There is a 56", 39 lb. 'ski in the tank in front of the two guys in the picture and they're checking out the girl on the dock behind them.

Nice.

hahah I dont think the guy in the white shirt is..... But I too noticed that Jim ( camo guy ) was DEFFINATLY checking out the goods on the dock ! hahaha Funny that you noticed that too !!!