Hunters bay Marine

blarg

I'm curious if anyone can tell me if Hunters Bay Marine on Nipissing lets the Gen public use their boat ramp, or is it just for customers of the marina? If the public can use it, is there any charge, and is there much parking?

Thanks.

Edited by blarg

The launch there is great. It is not a "public" launch though, but you can use it at a cost. The sign that is up at the launch says $15 in/$15 out or so. Don't know how well that is enforced. I typically just pay for yearly use of the launch, so I wouldn't know. There should be lots of parking, just drive around to the other side of the marina towards the big boat storage shed and park to the right of that (there should be other cars/trailers).

Free options in that area are Chapman's Landing in the Town of Nipissing (decent dirt launch) and a launch right in Callander (beware, VERY shallow!). You may also be able to launch for free at Wade's Landing.

Great fishing along the South Shore there. Good luck!

ok thanks, and i have launched at wade's a few times but last time i was there it was a real pain to get off the water with a few other boaters around and most of the parking taken up by trailers filled with what looked like junk.