Guelph?

johnnyb

Hey all...I might be headed down to Guelph to see my best friend and long time fishing buddy who is a seriously deprived fisherman!! Since he moved to Guelph, we hardly see each other any more, and he doesn't seem to get out fishing much. So if I go down and see him...where might be some spots we can head with the tackle box and rods for a few hours of shore fishing? Is the Dam in Cambridge any good? Guelph Lake? Just not sure about where to go down there...ANY help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks :D

Hey I would not bother with the SPeed in town. Was there a few weeks back and it looks dead. You could try the 2 ponds a bit East of town on Hwy 7. Seems to be a hot spot although I have never really given it a try, there are always a few people there fishing when I go. Or as someone else said, up towards Belwood.

Great replies, guys...thanks a lot. It'll definitely give us some options...and maybe show my pal that he can actually get some fishing done in his own backyard instead of sitting around moping that he never goes up north anymore :lol:

100% ..go to the 2 little lakes(ponds) at the old prison, elizabeth and york rd intersection area.. loads of pike,bass and they put 3000 trout in last year in the back pond, i've had lots of luck there this year. Drive up towards the old jail house and park,then walk to the back side of second pond, the river is behind the bush there also , lots of carp if you want also...great little fishing hole..