Sault Ste Marie question

Uncle Buck

My co-worker will be heading there for a few days...

can someone let me know which lakes in the area hold bass?

also what's there to do there for a family? kids are 3 and under

conservation area, park, something like that so he can spend the day

there with the family and keep the kids having fun/interested

Any help is appreciated

Thanks,

Guest ThisPlaceSucks

hey UB...

does this person have a boat? what size of boat? i can be of help with a few more specifics...

lots of fishing to be had but need more info...as a suggestion also, the atlantic salmon are pretty hot right now in the downtown of the city, and after dark the walleye can be angled right from shore.

as far as parks, i'd recommend hiawatha...it's a beautiful park with probably 100kms of trails, a gorgeous set of falls, and it's right on the edge of town.

Bellevue park almost downtown has a nice kiddie playground.

Nice boardwalk downtown with a decent sized mall across the street.

You can walk all the way along the riverfront and go see the locks.

Rainbows in the rapids, but its no place for a 3 year old.

A drive north of town for 50 miles or better will get you into the best scenery this side of the rockies.

Under the bridge at Echo bay can put yuo on a few bass fom shore if you're lucky, and the kids can paddle in the water a few feet away.

Across the river to Sault Michigan puts you into an American tourist town if thats what you like. You need passports to get over

Dont forget the saint marys river either......atlantics should be starting to move in very soon and there are also resident trout in there.

Atlantics are hitting like stink right now. Right in the tailrace

if he has a small boat and wants to head to head to some inland lakes pm me for info. i was down at the locks the other night with a few buds and gals and my buddy got a 6-7lb rainbow on a freakin twister tail and a girl that was with us got a 2lb walleye, it was like her first time ever fishing. i havent heard to much about the atlantics yet, i think its a bit early. and ya hiawatha for more nature and belleuve for more kiddy stuff