First trip to georgian bay

scottydog

Thanks for all the info I recieved. I ended up going to balm beach area and had quite the adventure. Trolled for about 3 hours with a planer board and snap weight and nk. and downrigged with a nk mag monkeypuke. Got one salmon about 12 pounds. 54 feet down over 80 ft of water. Then the fun started. The motor died and wouldn't restart. 3 to 4 ft waves from the south were pushing us quickly toward christian Island. Anyway to make a long story short after several hours of starting and stopping we made it back to balm beach. Last time I go in my cousins boat.

Thanks for all the info I recieved. I ended up going to balm beach area and had quite the adventure. Trolled for about 3 hours with a planer board and snap weight and nk. and downrigged with a nk mag monkeypuke. Got one salmon about 12 pounds. 54 feet down over 80 ft of water. Then the fun started. The motor died and wouldn't restart. 3 to 4 ft waves from the south were pushing us quickly toward christian Island. Anyway to make a long story short after several hours of starting and stopping we made it back to balm beach. Last time I go in my cousins boat.

Haha, at least you got a fish! You would have had to get the Ferry to give you a tow :lol: Georgian Bay is defiantly not somewhere you wanna be stuck when it's windy and wavey.