Port Credit report June 24 AM

icefisherman

Started as first boat out in the morning....and setup shop very shallow - 55fow...a bit West of the river. Frigid temps compared to last time I was there....51 degrees barely...moved a bit deeper and East and started picking....missed couple rainbows on the leadcore then got a huge hit and let my ice fishing buddy Don handle it....it was quite the difference for him been used to the Lake Simcoe lakers ::) ;D :o eventually he lost it as the line broke and all my flasher, fly everything was gone.... :P :'(

I change it to a different flasher/fly turned around and was about to send it down when.....are you ready for that???......

I saw something floating in front of the boat got close to it...and what a surprise of my life.....the huge salmon Don was floating was swimming tired great deal on the water surface tangled into4-5 feet piece of line with the hook still in his mouth and my green flasher hanging from his back ha ha ha ha......I was quick to grab the net and scoop the fish in...score!!!

Too surprised to think about snapping a picture but I should have as it is quite unbelievable ….

Still can't believe this happened to me...never seen it never heard of anything remotely similar....Here is the persistent fish that was found on getting into my boat today and Don himself. We did a quick measurement back at the rump....22,54 Lbs.

DSC01372.jpg

Quickly switched back to the "lost" fly and sent it down....few minutes later bammm...another smaller King on the same setup....

Here is that one:

DSC01379.jpg

Then few hours of slow down and we've got a Coho at about 10am...that was it....fishing seemed good bright and early but died quickly after 8am....

Green was the name of the game 60' down in 90fow for the Kings and 4-5 colors leadcore for the bows/coho.

Nice talking to Catnip II today and listening to Grouper Trooper on the radio today.

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman

Edited by icefisherman