Lake of the woods , resort employee drowns

tinbanger

Matt called a few minutes ago and let us know us know an employee at the main lodge drowned a few days ago.He didn't really know the guy but had seen him around ( Matt works at an outpost lodge)

Not much info other than he had dissapeared the end of last month , OPP ERT found his body along the shoreline.

Glad I heard it from him and not on the news!

TB

My prayers go out to the familly and friends of the employee.

I do not have kids, but I cannot imagine the stress that you would have been under to hear it on the news and not know who. Hearing your son's voice tell you must have been a huge comfort factor. Albiet you probably stressed about it still.

I heard this on the news a few days ago and remembered seeing a post on here of someone getting their "dream job" at Totem resort for the summer.

I did a search and saw that Pikie was only 18 from Barrie, it kind of set my mind at rest, since the fellow who drown was 23 and from St Catherines. It is still sad though, the Lake of the Woods is pretty treacherous during storms and there are still unmarked reefs out there.

Evidently this fellow didn't turn up for work and the lodge owners called the OPP and reported him missing. they found his boat floating and him on the shore.