Family Oriented Fishing Resort Recommendations

adempsey

Hi OFNers!

I know these types of posts are put up all the time, but I don't see the harm in asking anyway.

I am looking for a new place to vacation this summer. I try to go somewhere new each year with my family for a week vacation. I typically go somewhere in the Kawarthas but have ventured to other places in southern ontario as well. Usually I hit Rice Lake, which has many great resorts, but wanted to try something new again this year; especially since I also do weekenders there.

I am interested in an inland lake with decent fishing - primarily walleye, bass, panfish.

Resort needs to rent decent boats; and be clean/maintained, have a pool and a beach. Basically, I need to find somewhere that doesn't look like the cottage was filled with furniture from a garage sale to appease my wife, and a pool and a sandy beach to keep my daughter happy.

Anywhere in the region between Peterborough, Kingston, Ottawa and Algonquin Park. I am avoiding the Muskokas and any "big water".

I am currently researching the Land'O'Lakes region, but as always there are a ton of resorts to go through and personal experience often far outweighs what's available on the websites (if they even exist).

So, if anyone has any personal experiences and recommendations (good and bad) that would be most appreciated!!

Thanks in advance.