Will the bite be on tonight ?

Lunker777

Hey all...

I guess im trying to sharpen my "tells" if you will..

Last night the wife and I went out for a couple hours to try some shallow top water. We had about 10 blow ups... which I consider a good bite for a couple hours fishing. We only managed to get one to the boat due to improper drag settings not allowing for proper hook sets or I think these " scum frogs " are just that.... scum catchers. I couldnt manage to set a hook with them ! I tried to keep the boat about 15-20 yrd from shore. I would say the fish were sitting in about a foot of water ! The wife took to top water like nothing.... She would see the blow up.. wait a second or two then WHAM set the hook ! haha She just couldn't get them to stay on... neither could I tho !

ANYWAYS .... this morning was nice and sunny and warm. Now the temp has dropped a couple degrees in about 2 hours and clouds have moved in with about a 20K wind. Pressure is about 101.KPA ( Yea thats right, I have the weather network on my desk top ! haha )

Would the top water bite still be on ? Fish will want to get to warmer waters right now right ? So I think if I were to head out and try the top water game again, I should get some action ?

OR correct me if I am wrong, would they move deeper right now ?

Thanks !