Portable fish finder

ld17

Hi guys I have an eagle portable fishfinder and it runs on 8 AA batteries. Was wondering what to do to convert it to run on my 12v boat battery. Do I have to buy a wire harness? Any ideas thanks.

Open the battery compartment and solder two wires to the spots where the battery bank goes inside the fishfinder. I'd make one wire black and the other red, or just tie a knot in the wire that goes to the positive battery bank output. Connect the wires to your battery using alligator clips or such.

Maybe that's what Gerritt had in mind - if you can't figger it out, instructions won't help. Post some pictures of the inside of your battery compartment on your sonar, and we will be able to sort it out for you.

Gerrit had the simplest response. The unit that holds all the aa batteries should have 2 wires coming out of it and going to the unit. that would be a 12 volt supply. Cut it off right where they come out of the battery unit and lengthen the wires and connect to your 12 volt battery. Might be an idea to put an inline fuse on the positive side.