Sign in to follow this  
heri0n

Day trip from Burlington Area

I'm wondering what's a good location for a fishing day trip from the Burlington area where you can catch a decent sized edible fish? Seems like most of you guys catching nice fish are doing it up north where there are a lot of decent sized lakes.

I usually go fishing in Bronte Creek since it's close to my house, but right now it's mostly just small mouth bass and smaller panfish. Thanks!

Dunnville if you have a boat, Caledonia or Port Maitland if you don't.

Caledonia is fair and steady, Maitland runs hot or cold.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Topics

• Joke of the day.

Another forum I'm on has this. Up to 300 pages. I don't get them all, some are lame, some cute and many hilarious. A great way to start a day with a good yoke. Do you have one? One of my faves. A guy goes out with the boys and gets hammered, he pisses his pants, again. He tells the guys, "My wife is going to kill me, I pissed myself, again!." His buddy says " No problem Pal. Put a 20 buck bill in your shirt pocket and tell your wife that some drunk pissed on you and gave you a 20 to co

in General Discussion

• carp fishing kawartha lakes/London area.

Hello, thanks for letting me join. I’m from England but I’m coming out to Canada, Ontario for 2 weeks in September. It’s not a fishing holiday but some fishing will definitely be happening. Has anyone got any advice on areas I should visit to try and catch a better carp as when I was out before caught lots of smaller ones so wanted to try and get one over 20lb! Also advice on what licences I need would be great. we are staying a few days in London, then travelling to the kawartha lakes area

in General Discussion

• Kingston area eastern Lake Ontario salmon/trout fishing

I used to run 27' boat out of Whitby trolling for Lake Ontario salmon and rainbow trout each summer, and I have been missing it. I moved just north of Kingston a dozen years ago and have concentrated on back lakes bass since then. When I was in Whitby, I could tell you exactly what week the salmon would appear, in what locations and at what depth the best fishing would be. Seldom got skunked if the fish were around. I am thinking of upgrading my 14' tin boat to something that could han

in General Discussion

• Elk Lake Trip

Just back from our annual trip up to Elk Lake (Montreal River); stayed at Elk Lake Wilderness Resort. Rented a cabin and decently equipped Lund; that was always topped up with fuel, as soon as we got back to camp. This was out 6th trip there. The fishing was a bit tougher this year; walleye were scattered at all different depths. What we found was that anything making below 20' would not hit on anything we offered? So we mostly fished in the 12-18 FOW. We definitely had to work for them. Bottom

in General Discussion