Boat repairs, fishing report, more boat repairs

HTHM

So the big day had arrived, my brother-in-law the pilot / aircraft mechanic, was coming over to help me with my fuel problem on the other boat. The night before I prepped the boat, everything was ready for launch, (to the dock), I had no intention of going too far, as we were going to sort out this fuel problem once and for all!

We get to the dock, launch and tie up to the dock, pop the shroud, I start the engine and he says, "Well I have seen enough, you need to rebuild your carb". Fuel is just urinating out of the carb throat. So back on the trailer it goes.

Later that day......

The water bug is itching me REAL bad, so I hook up Lure Laundry, and off to Caledonia I go. I am fishing above the dam, trolling across a stream outlet, pulling a chartruse spinner bait, when BAM I have a massive strike from a 1.5 pound smallie. Ok, maybe I overstated that I had a ....... strike. :lol: I reel him in to the boat take him off the hook, and say Bye Bye.

Later on across another stream outlet, BA_BOOOOOOOM this time it's crushing the scale at 1 pound! Smallmouth they are a great fight.

I then decide to target walleye, rig up a slow death type harness and start to drift with the current, after the gobies are done tormenting me, I reel up and get my one keeper.........a scrappy 1 pounder, that is now digesting as I write this.

IMG00138.jpg

As I was going along from spot to spot, I was frustrated that Lure Laundry was not geting up on plane. I found out why when I pulled out. I had about 60 yds of mono wrapped around my prop. :angry::angry: Please do NOT toss your broken line into the water, it hurts wildlife and ruins prop seals.

IMG00139.jpg

Edited by hometownhandyman