RV guys I need help

bow slayer

I have a tent trailer . I have noticed then when I hook up the hydro everything works but the transformer in the trailer fan does not come on. After a few minutes with the power on the transformer starts to make a squealing noise.Still everything works but the transformer box starts to get hot. I asumed it was the fan that died,but I pulled out the box and replaced the fan and the exact thing is still happening. Is it the circuit board in the teransformer ? Do I have to replace the whole transformer?

If anyone knows of a site that could answer my questions please post thanks.

Edited by bowslayer

Okay, I'll try, couple Q's first, how old is the unit, what's the brand name on the converter, do you have a GOOD battery hooked up at the front. Some of the older units require a good battery to be hooked up otherwise the converter goes into warp drive. It appears by your description that the converter is trying to power "something" that's taking a lot of power and then causing the overheat.

There most likely is a circuit board, but whether it's a modern 3 stage unit or basic 13.8V DC battery burner depends on age of the unit.

Edited by Fisherman