What a busy 3 weeks...Finally got out for a Muskie Hunt

Well, it's been one heck of a busy 3 weeks around here between trying to please the Mrs. with a new lawn, perennial garden, a 5 day fishing trip to Temagami, Hydro coming on the property to cut a couple of trees down, clearing the mess that Hydro left, cuttin' and splittin' wood and finally getting the boat cleaned and ready for the river... :stretcher:

Here's some of the work that was done around here.... :canadian:

The start of the new lawn June14th....

IMG_0062.jpg

2 weeks later....

IMG_0125.jpg

Hydro crew cutting down 2 Oak trees on my property...

IMG_0100.jpg

Now the work for me to cut up the limbs, get rid of the branches and cut/split the wood...

IMG_0107.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

Finally some time to prep, clean and get the boat on the water...

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

And now for this morning's 1st outing on the river....I kinda figured it was going to be a good morning after this fella came out of nowhere and landed on my hand :D

IMG_0122.jpg

10 minutes later, my baitclicker starts singin' a familiar song :Gonefishing: ......this 47.5" beautiful clean gal cleared water 3 times before coming to the side of the boat.....1st Muskie of hopefully many this season :thumbsup_anim: .....

IMG_0112.jpg

The release.... :canadian:

IMG_0114.jpg

Hey Steve nice ski, really pretty, looks like the bay is active. When we were out there lst month there wasnt much to get excited about and I usually stay away from it when the water gets warm. Of course if I went ski fishing I would head there. I just had my second surgery in 3 months last Friday so I am itching to get out soon. How did the trip go? Hope the truck held up.

Good going Steve :thumbsup_anim:

That is a great start to the season and one fine looking ski for sure..... Congratulations :clapping:

The landscaping looks pretty good also :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks for sharing!

Leechman

Thanks Jacques....give me a shout if you want to come out one weekend!!....but you'll have to swear that you won't tell your neighbour ANYTHING!!! ;):lol:

Great work on and off the water; hope the wife volunteered to cut the grass! :)

Thanks backbay....the wife actually did attempt to cut the grass, but it's so fresh it kept sticking to the bottom of the mower and clogged it up..

Hey Steve nice ski, really pretty, looks like the bay is active. When we were out there lst month there wasnt much to get excited about and I usually stay away from it when the water gets warm. Of course if I went ski fishing I would head there. I just had my second surgery in 3 months last Friday so I am itching to get out soon. How did the trip go? Hope the truck held up.

Thanks Don...the trip wasn't as good as it could have been...the guy I went with had different "visions" of a fishing trip-----> EAT----> DRINK TILL YOU CAN'T TALK OR WALK----->SLEEP :angry::angry: I ended meeting a good gang in another cabin and caught quite a few Lakers with them...

The truck is fixed and is working great!!

I wasn't in the Bay Don....I found a nice spot a few km's downriver on the Quebec side...you need a GPS as the depths are pretty treacherous for lower units...

• 1 month later...