While the mod-cats are away...

Beans

I do find it amusing that so many want newcomers to adapt to 'our culture' when our culture is

a.) barely defined due to widespread regional variations

b.) an amalgamation due to our efforts to be a cultural mosaic rather than the US style melting pot.

Canada is a very secular nation and that has served us very well. Freedom of religion and freedom from religion is hard to accomplish.

There is no prayer in public schools...nor should there be. Gay marriage is legal and the earth did not swallow us whole.

We built this country on one principal...TOLERANCE.

Practise it. Your forefathers had a hard time giving up what they were used to and it likely took generations to get to where you are now.

We do not have huge demonstrations bordering on rebellion, we do not see (these days) parts of the country seriously wanting to leave....cause we all just go about our business and do not spend too much time wondering or worrying what everyone else is up to. Thats tolerance.

Rick. You can go to bed now. I'm taking over on the graveyard shift. Be sure you're back at noon sharp for your next shift so I can get some sleep. Good thing that we're getting paid double time for all this work this weekend. :whistling: ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........