Curado 301 DSV

Hellfish

Was looking for a new baitcaster yesterday and got a decent deal on the curado 301 dsv, primarily will use it for salmonoids and lunge, Anyone have any insight on the reel? Personal experience? Just made the switch from Quantum (which is all i used b4).

I don't own one, but I haven't heard anything bad about them.

However, they have redesigned them. Green casing now, as well as some new workings inside. 300E...

Kinda makes you wonder if there were issues with the older DSV's.

Anywho, if I were to find a great deal on a DSV, I wouldn't think twice.

I nhave had one for over a year now and love it.

You hardly recognize the difference from a 200 to a 300 so its easier to use for the whole day.

It is especially good if you have smaller hands.

I have caught pike up to 22 lbs and it was flawless.

nofrills, there was nothing wrong with the 300 D's, in fact they are virtually indestructible. I punished mine through casting Cleos for Kings at the river mouths, Cats in the Grand and even trolling in Owen Sound for Salmon and it hasn't skipped a beat. Much nicer to cast with the low profile reel as well over a beer can style. Every 3-4 years Shimano like most companies completely redesign their reels and add new technology to them.

JP

Edited by JPD

Thnx for all the replies guys, also it sure is a change as far as the brakes are concerned and having to remove the side plate for it. I do like the all aluminum body, but the only thing im concerned it feels like the side plate is a little loose when retrieving kinda worst a 1/4 of a mm or something other than that i cant wait to get a 30lb king on this beaut.