Toronto Islands Fishing...

Healthnut

B) I told my son ( he's 15), that I would take him fishing in Toronto (Toronto Islands).....We live in the Niagara Peninsula, and we just want to try something different....I've never been out to the the Islands.....I did a bit of research on the Internet, and noticed that there are several islands.....It doesn't really matter what we catch, but some good sized fish, would be nice....Which island would be best, for shore fishing??? Do they sell bait on the Islands????? Any suggestions or comments, would be greatly appreciated.....Thanking you, in advance..........

Pike were being caught in May on Raps, spinners and spoons. I haven't seen too many of them in June. There are lots of big carp and suckers in warmer water areas within the islands...don't have any suggestions for what to use to catch them. Bass opens next weekend and weedless jigs, plastics and spinners will be my main choices. There is a place within the islands that rents row boats and sells bait. I've heard there are lots of panfish around that area too. Good luck and let us know how it turns out.

Yakpiker

if the indoor/outdoor workers in toronto strike, you wont be getting to the islands anyways. i believe the ferrys to the islands are worked by the city employees. I'd take a look online, or call them in advance before driving an hour or so to get there.

ryan