Kayak Fishing.......!

capt_hooked

We just got in a small fleet of fishing kayaks, some complete with bait/live wells and rod holders. :unsure:

I just took my first trial run.. no fishing rod this time.. just to try one out.. They are extremely stable and easy to use. The seats have back rests which makes them very comfortable.

But this is definitely a warm weather sport as kayaks and kayak paddles tend to get you wet. Getting a little wet sure felt great today though.. 28 Celsius and no wind...

You can have a look at a couple of these kayaks at this location:

http://www.lakair.com/gallery-item.asp?id=10&did=7

Maybe a few or you guys and gals will want to try them out this coming weekend at the G2G?

cheers......!

the cap't :Gonefishing:

Nice looking kayaks, Capt Hooked. I think kayak fishing will continue to grow here in Ontario. I agree with your comments that you will get wet. I started my 2009 season on March 17 fishing around the Toronto Islands for pike. The key is to have insulated and waterproof clothing, no dependents and listed beneficiaries! Seriously though, I'm looking forward to the start of bass season when I can fish during the mornings and evenings and splash around and swim during the hot mid-day sun.

TO_island_ice_March_22__2009.JPG

Hey Kevin, they look good, I have used a kayak years ago, but found it left my back very sore, those ones are very different from what I have used. I wonder what kind of a ride I could get hooking into a Musky or large Pike? :D

Maureen

Nice yaks !!!

Absolutely a great idea !!!

I will be looking forward to trying one out next week.....Perhaps we could take a couple down to Jennings,Merganser,Muskrats or even Keiths and try for some Muskie..That would be a blast hooking up with a big toothy critter in a yak.....

Congrads on the new investment !!!

Nice looking Malibus you've got there. I think that those Mini-X yaks would be fun in a river. With sit-on-tops you're almost always going to get a little wet. With nice weather that can be a good thing, in the spring maybe not so much. Muskies and carp have been the most fun fish for me since I started kayak fishing, you can't beat the sleigh ride.