Lowrance X15MT GPS/SONAR running problem

idesign

I am having problem with X15.

The unit is not showing the dept corretly.Sometime it shows 100ft when i am acutally 15ft.sometime it shoes only 1ft.also it is not showing speed.it is detecting transcuder.any idea what could be the problem.let me know.also how should the transcuder should be aligned on the boat.the transcuder was already fitted before and it was working good.i think the transcuder position moved.i tried lowering 1 step down but still same thing.does any1 know soultion.let me know.thx

Also does any1 know living in Scarborough &know about this unit and come to Bluffers Park boat launch and help me out with setting this unit correctly.Thank you

sounds like the ducer is screwed to me.. we had a similar problem with our x27 last year and after 3 trips to lowrance, and them saying they fixed it, it was just the settings, they finally gave us a new ducer and theat fixed things perfectly. if its not the ducer, you can just take the entire unit to lowrance themselves in missisauga and they'll do a diagnostic check on it for you for free.

Your speed on a X15 will be from the GPS not the transducer. If the problem with depth is happening while you are under throttle it probably has to deal with the position of the transducer... if it's while the boat is stationary it may be the transducer itself.

Roy makes a good point... if you show a close up pick of the mount the guys here will have a good idea if it's a mounting or position issue.

JP

My gps unit wasn't responding this spring, I have a lcx 15 cl, and I called Lowrance and they said drop it buy and they could let me know if it was the unit or the GPS puck, after a 5 minute diagnostic test in the back they told me it was definetly the unit and offered to sell my one of the new hd units, The gent I bought the boat from works right around the corner from lowrance, and had another puck from the same unit that he still had and offered to give that to me, after driving home pondering the prospect of dropping another grand, I figures what the hay, I might as well try the new puck, which fired up no problem. Makes me wonder what diagnosing was done.........That being said for your problem, I am sure you looked at the obvious like transducer location and angle, otherwise try a new transducer?

Your speed on a X15 will be from the GPS not the transducer. If the problem with depth is happening while you are under throttle it probably has to deal with the position of the transducer... if it's while the boat is stationary it may be the transducer itself.

Roy makes a good point... if you show a close up pick of the mount the guys here will have a good idea if it's a mounting or position issue.

JP

thx 2u and all who replied.i will try to take pic tomorrow and post.thx

Looks like you have both the 200khz ( shallow water ) and the 50/200khz (deep water) transducer attached.

Do you get the same reading from both transducers??

The position looks fine, maybe slight adjustment but not the reason for the wackey readings.

Its likely a transducer issue, they pooch everynow and then. My suggestion would be to either take the unit to Lowrance and get them to test it, or buy a new 200khz transducer and give it a shot.

Looks like you have both the 200khz ( shallow water ) and the 50/200khz (deep water) transducer attached.

Do you get the same reading from both transducers??

The position looks fine, maybe slight adjustment but not the reason for the wackey readings.

Its likely a transducer issue, they pooch everynow and then. My suggestion would be to either take the unit to Lowrance and get them to test it, or buy a new 200khz transducer and give it a shot.

I have Lowrance Unit.The smaller one u see is for other unit which is running fine.

The bigger transcuder is for unit i am having trouble.I will try to take unit to Lowrance and see what they say.thx for ur reply

Guys i just tried plugging unit and turning on.I noticed as soon as unit powers on i can hear clicking sound coming from transducer.so it normal or something wrong.

if bad transducer, can some1 tell me where can i get new transducer for my Lowrance LCX-15MT.Let me know.thx

It seems to be down to much. It should be installed so that the line in the middle of the transducer should be level with the bottom of the boat.

So is the probelm only when you are moving?? The clicking sound is normal.

It seems to be down to much. It should be installed so that the line in the middle of the transducer should be level with the bottom of the boat.

So is the probelm only when you are moving?? The clicking sound is normal.

Thx for reply buddy.

I will try to take boat out this weekend and carefully note .i will give update once i get all info.thx

A couple things. You may be a little close to the motor and it's cavitation may be affecting the reading. Check to make sure it's not in line with one of the keels underneath as that will also cause a cavitation problem.Air bubbles around the 'ducer can affect it.Also check to make sure your power and 'ducer wires to the graph aren't crossing wires going to the motor or controls or at least try to insulate them from that.Sensitive units can be affected.

If you can see the normal water line on your boat at rest while on the trailer try levelling the 'ducer to that and I would definately raise it a bit.

Your other 'ducer is set up on a flat chine which is the best spot.If you could try switching the spots and see if that stops the problem.

Kerry