Berkley B1 next weekend

darsky

If the anglers were to sit out the pre-fish, would that be OK? Fishing the day of the opener blind gives everyone the same shot and if they are the best "sticks" in the business that should reflect with some big fish anyhow, no? I always thought that prefishing should be eliminated, this situation just seems like the perfect start. Is there a link to your letter Marc? Theres alot of french speaking members that would be interested to read it.

It's actually to even out the chances that there needs to be pre-fishing here. Most of the participants of that tourney it's there home waters, so it is to give the Out of town Pros a chance to see the waters a bit before. Out of 120 boats at least half are from around Montreal. So those guys already have all the spots in there GPS. It isn't a tournament of a specific tour. It's opened to everybody!!!

Sitting out the prefish would be the best bet for the high profile name IMO!... but paying an entry fee and only fishing the the days of the tournament would take a certain amount of humility... a quality that is most lacking in most Pro Bass Tourney fishers! <_<

I applaud Mr. Mercer, Mr. Delarose and all the other high profile names that have chose to sit this one one out for whatever their reasons are! :clapping: ... that shows me a fair amount of ethics, morals, and humility on their part!!!

This tourney would've been prefished with or without the QMNR's nod... I know, all the Bass Tourney fishers and their groupies on this site will say "Nay!... we/our idols are rightous and pure", yeah right!... until someone waves a hefty paycheck and tourney trail points under their nose!!!

You might ask yourself, "how would someone prefish this tourney OOS"?... it's easy, leave the tourney duds at the motel room, maybe even use a different boat (one without all those suck- :asshat: decals) :rolleyes: ... so a CO catches you throwing a spinnerbait at a weedline, then it's "No sir!... we're not Bass fishing we're Pike fishing!!!... see!, we have a nice one in the livewell!!!"... or maybe a CO sees you dragging a tube or a swimbait over a long point in 20 FOW?... "No Sir!!!... we're not Smallie fishing, we're Walleye fishing!!!"... holds up a nice keeper out of the livewell.

After this tourney is over Sunday evening, everything will be swept under the rug as far as the tourney trail is considered... after all, this is just local Quebec politics and doesn't really amount to a hill of beans on the Pro tourney/money trail!!!

The winner will take home a hefty paycheck and points taboot!!!

actually Glenn,because of the way the Organizer conducted himself

The bass opener for 2011-2013 in theory should be pushed back by 1 week to harmonize with Ontario (ottawa river) zone 25 in quebec which open june 26th.

Essentially if the organizer would not have asked for a bending of the law with political involvement,none of this may have occurred

Lets just say they allowed for this to be proposed and I proposed it ,once again backed with studies.

Currently there is no legal ordnance issued by QMNR so essentially the season is still closed

what is appalling is a newly formed competitive organizer could not organizer his event in a legal fashion and manner thus for he asked for a bending of the law in his favor!

No worries,this wont get swept under the rug

Just like the event,Do you wish to be #1

Well looks like the parties involved received #1 attention

in no way are the participants involved in this,the responsibility lies upon the organizer,the politician and the Berckley rep who proceeded to request how to go about having an OOS pre fish

Not a very good example of what sport fishing or competitive fishing represents

Edited by marc thorpe

I see nothing showing that Mercer and Derose pulled out becasue of "ethics". Even though they both are class A anglers and spokesmen for the sport. It was simply they both have shows and can't put in the prefish and with no prefish you might as well bet on red.

Marc, you've been in this industry for along time, like myself(not quite as long though) ;) Money moves Mountains, in this case 2 of them.

Same can be said for others in this business when moola is involved, including guides who, even with the colder water temps this year, are ripping other species off their beds- but I guess, its atleast in season.

Edited by Harrison

Bottom line is the organizer's goofed by not setting a tourny date that would allow for an adaquate pre-fish to level the field for the anglers from outside the area.

You can debate pro/con the ethics of the rolled back catch/release for the event but I don't believe it reflects IN ANY WAY on the anglers themselves or that they are doing a dis service to the sport,many registered and made travel plans etc. long before the pre-fish rule was even changed.I am not saying I agree with it being rolled back but don't go bashing the people fishing it.

Edited by hirk

Harrisson,with all due respect

You are quite wrong in your statement

I was the one who opposed it and had round table discussions with the QMNR

Money had nothing to do with,Political image ,implications and interest was the route of what was protected.

At the dismay of the Good folks who manage the resource

I agree the participants are not the issue,its the organizer,the Berckley Rep and the Depute of Marquette(lachine) who presided over the Parliamentary question period for the resource

read my brief conclusion,its not speculation,I took part in the uprising,actually I was the instigator

I keep checking the list and I still only see one boat that is not going to make it to the tourney, I tought that somebody said that everyone one who counted were dropping out???

I heard on another site that the QMNR has been reached and they will update there website shortly. Right now the website is shut down .