Simcoe Report with a beauty laker!

Well, between work, weddings, showers and guiding, I've been pretty busy the past 3 weeks, and havent posted many reports. A couple weeks ago I had 4 guys out on Sparrow Lake for a charter, the fishing was tough but I managed to get them into a bunch of pike and a few OOS bass. One 93 year old client could cast as far as I could, pretty impressive!

The past week or so I've been focusing on lakers, and early last week they were suicidal. The numbers were incredible and the fish were so aggressive. Fishing tubes and spoons in 74-82 feet of water did the trick, fish were mostly near bottom.

Thursday night, I had a client out on Simcoe for some lakers, and did that front ever mess them up. We could hardly move fish off bottom, but we salvaged the day by hitting some pike on the way in, he was happy, so I was satisfied... kind of, couldnt figure those lakers out.

This afternoon, I had another couple clients out on Simcoe and we werent sure about this weather. The fish were much higher in the water column and would follow baits aggressively but not commit to biting. Lost a couple and landed a few herring but it was VERY slow overall, luckily Danny (an OFNer) managed to land a tank of a laker to salvage the afternoon! Nice job buddy, looking forward to the next booking!

4583_111604118091_502843091_2845535_6237481_n.jpg