Scugog Question

Just wondering if the area where my mouse is on this pic if a area where people can fish. Been at the main shores in Port Perry but spotted this area on a map. Any insight or first hand photo's of this general area?

Thanks,

MTBF

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

I'm not familiar with the area, but if you study the google map link above in satellite view, there's clearly a trail that follows the shoreline, which leads back into the subdivision and exits onto Coulcliff Blvd.

To me, it looks like it's publicly accessible, which would suggest that you could try fishing from there.

Best thing to do, however, is to phone ahead and ask: Canterbury Common Golf Club is the club situated there.

I'm not familiar with the area, but if you study the google map link above in satellite view, there's clearly a trail that follows the shoreline, which leads back into the subdivision and exits onto Coulcliff Blvd.

To me, it looks like it's publicly accessible, which would suggest that you could try fishing from there.

Best thing to do, however, is to phone ahead and ask: Canterbury Common Golf Club is the club situated there.

Bang on.

Just phone ahead and ask before heading out.

By the way, you're still spelling Port Perry wrong! :D

mike , i thought you have a boat now and wouldnt be stranded on shore ? if you dont want it ill put it to good use :thumbsup_anim:

It's kind of stationary right now up in Kingston. No trailer and I live in a complex so I don't have a way of moving it. And if i did, i would have to find a storage place for it.

Going to try to find a trailer for it, already bought some new oar locks and handles for the back of the boat for carrying. Next thing to get would be two dandy wooded oars. O and a new battery for that 30lb Minn Kota trolling motor.

i live right around the corner from where you are pointing, this spot gets pretty beat up by anglers.. but where you are pointing is actually some1s back yard but 20-50 north west of there/ a bit around the corner..is fine.. there is a water front trail there BUT there SUMTIMES is a "no fishing/picknicking/dogs" sign there but the locals dont mind AS LONG AS YOU DONT "MESS AROUND" the shoreline there is good for bass, BUT there is alot of hedges and sutch... Mike.. send me a text / msg me when bass opens and il take you to a few good spots on scugog.