Another "1st" fish... Not for me though

rbaquial

Hey OFC'ers,

So I had a couple hours to kill today - So, thought I would head down to Lake O with my buddy to fish for pike and hopefully get him into his 1st one after hunting them down the last 2-3 weeks. Before this "hunting" began for the elusive "Esox" - he thought of going to get a "Victory Cigar".

We've gone maybe a total of 3-4x together fishing. 2nd outing I managed to catch a pike - he didn't. Finally after the 3-4th outing he hooked into his 1st pike! :) He had such a rush!! I never felt so happy for another angler - especially since it was his "1st". Anyway... I'll let the pictures tell the story....

**You can clearly see him finally getting to smoke his "Victory Cigar" after finally catching his 1st Pike!**

JPs1stPike1.jpg

**2nd Picture**

JPs1stPike2.jpg

The lure of choice was a Rapala XRAP "Glass Ghost" in either 2 1/2" or 3 1/8". (not sure)

rapala-x-rap-allcolors.jpg

I can't wait for the next outing - I love fishing for these fish!! :D They're amazing!!

Well, that's my report.

Happy Fishing & Tightlines!

Congrats on the first pike but man does that pike look skinny in the first photo! 2nd photo does it more justice. I have problems posing too, always end up with the fish turned just slightly wrong so it doesn't look anywhere near as big as it really is. Take this fish for example

gallery_130_97_515.jpg

ya ya now you got him hooked and no pike is safe now! good going and a decent size for a first. those x-raps are money i always preach about them. and my buddy and i always have a tradition everytime we go fishing and that we have a victory gar after the first fish of the day then victory gars for more "trophy" fish. we have beening doing this for 3 years now. i swear the smell of caption blacks brings in the fish especially ice fishing :P

Congrats on the first pike but man does that pike look skinny in the first photo! 2nd photo does it more justice. I have problems posing too, always end up with the fish turned just slightly wrong so it doesn't look anywhere near as big as it really is. Take this fish for example

gallery_130_97_515.jpg

I think its the look of having the hand on or near the belly to give relative size to fishes size/weight.

Your fish looked pretty awesome to me! It looks pretty huge! (I'd say)

EDIT: Congrats on that catch! :D

Edited by A2F