Neat web site

kickingfrog

they sound "industrial" to me...

I wish they would come up with a "warning sound" that would vibrate through to my hands alerting me to the next SNAG in its path ! lol

I have thrown away $30-40 worth of lures in the past three weekends hunting for pike..

Any suggestions to stop the bleeding ?

Any suggestions to stop the bleeding ?

50lb braid & quality fluoro/stell leader will stop the bleeding. you will straighten hooks before you lose another lure to a snag.

Thanks for posting this Kickingfrog

I remember when I was kid, I'd play around with lures in my aquarium and listen to them rattle. Even wore the stethoscope that came in my Playschool doctor's toy set and pressed the diaphragm piece on the glass. Mepps Aglia has been my go-to spinner for steelhead since I started fishing for them - Really cool to hear what they sound like.

50lb braid & quality fluoro/stell leader will stop the bleeding. you will straighten hooks before you lose another lure to a snag.

50 lb braid ???? Holy cow,,, and I hope I hook into one too ! lol

i have been using steel leaders( weighted at 15 lbs) and a 10 lb line...

I guess I will spool up some 50lb and give it a try...

Thanks bro

Edited by splashhopper

I wish it was that easy. Although I don't use leaders above 20lb. If you don't want to loose them then you'll need to run like straight braid.. But since your running 14lb mono I would suggest braid or lot higher test mono. Especially if you are using steel leaders.