hay narrows on lake nipissing

laszlo

Every year I head up to Lake Nipissing a couple times.

I always stay in the west end of the lake close to the town of Lavigne.

Generally this section of the lake is very flat and weedy only getting as deep

as 11 feet. I have found some good spots over the years but this time I may

try to adventure further than usually. With a 25HP motor it would take me around 30

minutes to get to the Hay Narrows.

Does anyone know if it's worth the ride?

Is the water deeper there?

Could I target pickerel or smallmouth bass there?

Personal message me if you'd like if you don't want to display info.

Thanks a million.

Laz

I'm just not familiar with Hay Narrows....do you stay at a lodge? You could always ask the operator...and I'm sure you don't need to be told to watch out for rocks!

My 2 cents is...a half hour boat ride is worth it just for the change of scenery and the shot at some bigger fish....just head out early, watch for rocks, and give'er!

With 25hp it will take you longer than 30 min and that is in good weather. The lake can get bad quick so I would not do it. You are actually right at one of the best fishing spots on the lake. Send me a message and I will give you the spot.

I got your messages but for some reason cannot respond. I am getting an error. If you ping me with an email (once), I will try that.

Well, if your fishing West Bay and your up near Keiths or the South shore line I would definetely check Hays Narrows out. Nice deep shoals on the main channel for Smallies.....Never fished walleye that way but we know they are there....

Good Luck !!

We are on Sandy Island, east of Hayes Narrows, I have never fished there but I'm sure there is Bass there cause there is lots O' Bass and Walleye here and we are not to far away.

If you get there and need something...gas, water whatever. We have a little convenience store. Stop in and say hi, let me know what the Narrows are like.

Our location VS The Narrows

Have Fun Fishin!!!!

Dawn

Worth the ride.... follow the north shore to Wig- Wam narrows..... and your're there better fishing there that in the West Arm you may follow the back channels into the French ... bring a spare gas can..

stop in @ Sandy Island ... I'm familiar with Dawn's place and it's worth the visit.

Randy from Sturgeon Falls