May 22nd-26th GBay

Hey again guys and gals. Went up to Parry Sound for our Prom Camping trip and had a amazing time! Had lot's of great experiences in the boat's drank some beverages and just got to relax...probably the best time of my life. When we were fishing we were using 5 and 7 inch jerk shads for pike with some great fluoro leaders my bud made me(u know who you are) but for me the pike didn't bite, switched it up from time to time and caught just a few OOS bass <_< Only good thing from this was that while my friend and I were in the boat we saw lot's of bass cruising around so hopefully the bass we caught were well off there nests. However, while fishing a small sand flat my buddy caught a nice pike on a spinner, so we did manage to get one lol.

Pictures-

100_0779.jpg

100_0780.jpg

100_0734.jpg

100_0802.jpg

There was about 10 of us up there and as i said before we had a blast, caught some fish and shared some stories and finally got out of the control of the home and just didn't need to think about tomorrow. Even though I didn't get a pike it felt good to see one!

MTBF

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher

Good report, too bad we cant count thos bass for the team . :wallbash: I guess you changed your opinion on taking pics of an oos fish that isnt a giant?

this is from another post.

"Unless your OOS catch is a giant then take a quick pic, if not throw it back as nobody likes to brag about OOS fish in the first place, let alone smaller 2 and 3lb OOS fish, let the dam thing go and get back to the fish your targeting lol.

I think there is a rule on here saying that all Out Of Season fish need to be clearly marked with OOS so the viewer knows that the catch is indeed out of season. Respect the fishery and there will be fewer problems. Remember by releasing the fish quickly you are doing the fishery a favour as you are limiting the time it takes for the panfish to creep in and eat all of the eggs and fry.

Just my thought's,

Mike"

YES IM JEALOUS, i got skunked the other day .

Good report, too bad we cant count thos bass for the team . :wallbash: I guess you changed your opinion on taking pics of an oos fish that isnt a giant?

this is from another post.

"Unless your OOS catch is a giant then take a quick pic, if not throw it back as nobody likes to brag about OOS fish in the first place, let alone smaller 2 and 3lb OOS fish, let the dam thing go and get back to the fish your targeting lol.

I think there is a rule on here saying that all Out Of Season fish need to be clearly marked with OOS so the viewer knows that the catch is indeed out of season. Respect the fishery and there will be fewer problems. Remember by releasing the fish quickly you are doing the fishery a favour as you are limiting the time it takes for the panfish to creep in and eat all of the eggs and fry.

Just my thought's,

Mike"

YES IM JEALOUS, i got skunked the other day .

This late in the spawn when we saw many bass swimming in the deep,shallow and weedy flats I knew that if i did get a bass it would be well off the bed. Also, help's to have a friend with you when you go fishing so once u feel a bite the camera is turned on and ready to go...even got a pic or two of the fish while it was being fought. The point is, I was confident I would get a pike with these bait's even had a few follows at the boat and the shore. If it was much earlier in the season and the area was not 100% rock(as the waters were very warm in the lagoon) I would most likely of let more fish swim away, picture free. As for the panfish, only true if there there...we tried for a day to catch some with small crappy jig's worms, and other small baits and we got nothing....never even seen a sunfish or perch there(owner said) for the last few years.

Just my thought's,

Mike

btw a fish that's around 4lbs is not a giant, hard to see but there stomach's on both fish were pretty skinny...

Edited by Mike The Bass Fisher