Oakville - May 24 report

It was time to get one of those days when I just don't have time to sit down....or for the most of it.

Started early - 5:10 am at the launch. Wasted the first 3-4 hours trolling all over - deep to 200 fow and shallow to 80 fow...only got one 17 Lbs King (the biggest fish of the day) down 141 feet in 185 fow, and lost one rainbow.....Listening the radio everyone was talking about no fish or one/two fish...some said they were marking but no takers....

So, I've decided to change the strategy....instead of doing what most everyone else was doing i.e. hanging off Bronte or a bit West of there...I've went back to Oakville....I had a feeling fish will be East and sure it was....found much warmer water (53-54 degrees v.s. 48-49 at Bronte) Tons of bait as well. Some hooks on/near bottom but no takers there. Plenty of takers above though. Kept working the area for few very productive hours.

IMG_0591.jpg

and sure enough the show started....the acrobatic one that is

Bow after bow after bow....lost track after 2-3 hours but must have got over 15 fish and lost 4-5. We were fully enjoying the action with my son.

Biggest one was 12 Lbs with few nice size ones for the BBQ tonight.

140-160 FOW, You can see the hot lures bellow, 2.5-2.8 mph, 5 colors leadcore....all my fish but one came on leadcore and ONLY on one rod, though I had second leadcore IDENTICAL to the first one - no sniff on that one

Got to love those jumps without having to drive all the way to the Blue Zone

Anyhow - great day, ton of fish and I am starting to get in shape for this season

here are few shots of the day for your viewing pleasure:

IMG_0585.jpg

IMG_0586.jpg

IMG_0587.jpg

IMG_0588.jpg

IMG_0589.jpg

Nice to see Joy and Paul at the launch with their nice new toy. Congratulations!!! Nice fishing machine!

Cheers,

Ice Fisherman