Boat Dealers with Lots of Inventory?

Dutch

Looking to get out to a few dealers to see some boats on display.

Mainly looking at Lunds, Sylvans, Crestliners in aluminums and Triton, Nitro and Stratos in glass boats.

Have looked at a number of pictures on-line, but it doesn't give you the real picture of climbing up in and moving around in one. I've gone to a few local places, but they only have 1-2 boats on display.

Any dealers between Peterborough and BPS that would have a few different models on display to get an idea about set-ups?

Anyone seen any local boats for sale that are in good shape - Looking at Kijiji hour after hour is starting to wear on me, especially after missing out on a few boats so far.

Ideally, I would go to the boat show - but my time machine is broke.....

Thanks for the info.

Edited by Dutch

I think you're out a luck Dutch... Joey and Tybo were looking for a boat recently and couldn't find a selection anywhere, the dealers claim that it's the economy these days. You have to order with a 12 week wait!

They ended up buying what they wanted from a U.S. dealer that met them at the border with the boat.

I too had this problem when looking for boats. When ever I was out and saw a boat in my list I would ask the owner if I could take a look. i ended up buying my boat unseen from a local dealer. If you come down here there is a Lund Alaskan 18' and Explorer SS 17' that you can look around at. I also saw in the paper last night that the car dealer in Belleville had a used Nitro for sale. The one on Hwy 2 and Wallbridge road. My boa took two months to come in.

Hastings Marine looks like they have a few boats on the web page as well.

http://www.repodepo.ca/Boats/

i'd take a look here and save yourself some cash, lots of people lost jobs and couldnt pay for their toy's!!

I was also told never pay their asking price offer 20-30% less than they are asking

you have to register(no cost) get a log in name and password like a chat forum then it'll show the asking price

good luck

I had the same problem too, plus had my old boat to sell. But I did find old 08 stock had to drive 3hrs away. I was only looking at 16ft boats that would fit in my garage. I would say the US is the best bet especially if you can get the dealer to bring the boat over for you even better!