Pike for me.... Finally !

Been a very slow season for me this spring due to a torn rotator cuff ... Could get out till three weeks ago..

I totally missed the trout season this spring :angry:

Had to switch gears and try pike fishing...

I don't have any buddies that fish for these fish, so I have been searching on line as best I could to find out about habitats and fishing techniques.

Went out along the inner tribs of Lake Huron last weekend and finally got in to some...

Started by "meditating with the fish"...lol

CIMG2933.jpg

And then as I was getting my mind real quiet.. .whammo on a red devil

PikeFishing2009-2.jpg

Here is another shot of it... ( I forgot my OFC sign in the van :o )

PikeFishing2009-1.jpg

I am taking my buddy back up with me tomorrow, but this time with a canoe to see if we can fish em outa the weeds across that river in the first pic.

Oh,,, and least I forget.... I lost 5/6 spinners and lures in all over the weekend.....is that just the cost of fishing for Pike due to the habitat they seem to like ?

Thanks

Splashhopper

Nice Report and pictures, you shouldn't loose as much with the canoe, try spinnerbaits they don't snag as easy

Richard

good luck tomorrow

Why don't the spinnerbaits snag as much ? ;)

( I am usually float fishing for trout)

Edited by splashhopper

They have a single hook that allow it to slide over or threw most tangles and rocks, they work great for trolling behind a canoe if water conditions make it hard to fish, I will troll a spinnerbait when ever I'm moving if I'm not casting on local rivers, I have gave lots to kids on our trips and they have caught pike, bass and musky on them. Just watch the weight 3/8oz to 3/4oz ussually

Richard