skunked on sparrow

domcom50

I have fished sparrow a couple of times with moderate to poor results. Although I'm sure many would disagree, its not high on my list of places to go back to. I've had enough positive experiences in nearby lakes (ie Kahshe, Muskoka) that I'm in no rush to go back to Sparrow

I used to really struggle on Sparrow, although the past 4 or 5 years have been dynamite for me. It's a great lake, and I think its all about movements and timing. This time of year, you should be fishing very shallow water for pike and walleye can be found in 4-15 feet of water in whatever weeds you can find.

We were there on Saturday and Monday this past long weekend.

Both days we did well fishing the shallow bays for Pike. We were using red spinner baits, johnson silver minnows and in line mepps spinners. The pike were not the largest but the quantity was there. When we went last year same time we were blanked so dont feel so bad.

we fished pretty shallow and weedy areas most of the day around the mouth of the river.

mostly jigging for walleye though

Put some time in for pike with some cyclops spoon and mepps spinners but not enough it seems

thanks boys

not giving up on lake yet but will try kashe soon and also dalrymple

heard they are both good