sattlelite radio xm nf

fishless

I am sure you can.....you just have to buy a canadian subscription is all. I have 2 sirius radios and love them. Most of them just go by the serial number on the back of the unit to get the signal to that radio.....but you can't get a US subscription unless you can get a US address to hook it up with!

hello all

is it possible to buy the unit that I want while in florida bring back and get service hooked up here.would anyone have that answer thanks jamie

Yes you can buy them in the states and bring them here to use. The only difference is that the units here have an extra two numbers/letters in the serial number. Other than that there is no difference.

I bought my XM unit off of ebay.ca for $50 instead of $300 or so retail here. If your after a deal you may find one there.

As for the us subscription. There is a website that you can go to and buy US XM gift certificates, you can then use them to activate on the US airwaves. (if you want the site I can look it up for you)

Apparently you can just make up any address you like and give it to them, they don’t check and they don’t mail anything out. The most popular address they get is 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, which is the address of the White House!

I have the Canadian sub, and I do find that I miss/want to listen to all the other stations advertised that we can’t get here.

Dave

Apparently you can just make up any address you like and give it to them, they don’t check and they don’t mail anything out. The most popular address they get is 1600 Pennsylvania Ave, Washington, which is the address of the White House!

As I understand it, that is no longer possible for new subscibers. Something about the billing address being in the US or A US based credit card. I'm sure it can still be done through US friends or family memebrs however... we still get the US signals up here.

-Brian

As I understand it, that is no longer possible for new subscibers. Something about the billing address being in the US or A US based credit card. I'm sure it can still be done through US friends or family memebrs however... we still get the US signals up here.

-Brian

Thats why you buy the US XM gift certificates. (you buy them from seperate retailers, kinda like the BPS gift certificates that you can now get at petro can and the like) You pay with them and get around the US credit card address problem.

Edited by Pinch