Sunday Steel

Jet

Sorry for the late post, but Silverstreak told me not to put the pin away and last Sunday I took his advice. The pay-off was three nice fish out of 5 in just a few hours of fishing. Water was quite muddy, but trying a few trick I was able to coax a few steel on the run.

Here's a fiesty male that put up a very nice fight.

S4.jpg

S10.jpg

This hen took me for a nice long run downstream in a strong current and went straight under a long overhanging tree and appeared about 8 feet on the other side. Had to keep the rod tip way low in the water to keep it from getting all tangled up. Lost one previously after it ran under a big log and jumped out on the other side, so I was extra determined not to fall victim to another tree. Luckily I got it to shore.

S11.jpg

S12.jpg

Here's another spunky male.

Picture006.jpg

Hi Jet,

Im glad you got into some steel, but lets try some better fish handling techniques. Bringing them in the mud and sand for picture, is it really worth it? Pic number 2 looks great! Still in the water. Keep in mind that the mud, dirt and sand remove that slimy coating that protects them from disease.

Justin,

Thanks for your concern, but please don't jump to conclusions. The last two fish were caught while standing on 3 foot+ banks so I had to get down low with a net to land them. As a result doing a water release was not possible.

Edited by Jet