Marie Lake (King City)

rbaquial

Hey OFC'ers,

I'm heading up with my family to King City to a lake called "Marie Lake" - I was just curious if anyone's ever fished there before? And what fish can we expect to catch there? Any thoughts would be much appreciated...

Click HERE for the map.

Thanks!

Rob

UPDATE:

So, As you all know/read - I've been recently granted temp. access to fish Marie Lake (AKA: Mary Lake) at the Monastery. My apologies in advance, I don't have any pictures (cause my camera died! :wallbash: ) ARGH!!!

Anyway, I was able to fish the lake for maybe a total of 2hours (on a small tinny). I have NEVER fished a lake with SOO MANY ACTIVE FISH! :D Mostly PIKE (hammerhandles) but MAN was the action intense... We were using 4" Yellow Tubes and basically just dragging it along the bottom w/ the occasional pop. Our lures would get a hit every 5min - SO MUCH ACTION!! My little cousin (13yrs) was having so much fun - but didn't like the teeth on the pike! LOL!!

The best part of this whole experience - The guy that took us on the Tinny (works for the Monastery P/T) is a Tournament Fisherman. He's offered me the privilege to fish with him on his boat sometime - and maybe even in a tourny with him! :| (I'm not counting on the tourny - considering money is involved & I wouldn't wanna be the reason why he lost! :P)

Anyway, if you ever are granted temp. access to fish this lake - bring your PIKE gear. According to the 'guide' that took us out - there are some trophy sized pike and bass.

From what I can recall - He's told me there are PERCH, PANFISH, PIKE and BASS in this lake.

Well, that's my report - again, sorry I couldn't attach any pictures! :wallbash:

Edited by A2F

I know the area quite well. I believe it's posted, and for this reason I never tried there. It's on the grounds of a monastery.

Yeah... my parents are friends with 1 of the priests there...

EDIT: I just checked the regs for ZONE16... found nothing regarding Marie Lake?

Edited by Addikted2Fishin'

Never been there, or heard of it.. But looking at the map.. I would defiantly be interested in throwing some casts into the two

small ponds just south of the lake right beside 15th Side Rd. Since the main lake is dumping into those ponds.. I imagine

what ever you catch there would be also in the main lake!

Some buddies of mine were lost on a 4-wheeler trip and ended up crossing that property.All my bud said was 'It looked like a scene from 'Robin Hood' with these guys in robes chasing us'.....and they got a good laugh and left.....Those are the only people I know that have every been there ......TC and tight lines....Chuck....

Edited by Bigchev4x4

Mary Lake HAVE SOME RESPECT!!!!

This is a monestary for retired clergy basically they go there to retire. Most are not in good health.

HAVE SOME RESPECT AND DO NOT TRESSPASS!

I'm disgusted that you think it's funny that some old priest had to chase your buddies off their property because THEY WERE TRESSPASSING!!!

and people wonder why it's so hard to get access to private property!

They have a brutal time with 4X4 & sledder's.. people think because it's an open field you can you can just tear around it...

There is no crown land in the area.. so I wonder what land your buddies thought they were 4X4'ing on....

Yeh i've never heard that before.. oh were sorry! We were lost!

wow that very cool your able to fish that lake.. I live 10 minute from there and have all the gear you need ( small boat eletronics etc ) if you need help catching.. LOL .. It looks untouched!! Remember Preston lake not to far from there came the Ontario record L.M. Bass over 10 lbs!! I have fish many " back lakes" with permission of course and are pretty good. Good luck and report or send me a message cheers

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE:

So, As you all know/read - I've been recently granted temp. access to fish Marie Lake (AKA: Mary Lake) at the Monastery. My apologies in advance, I don't have any pictures (cause my camera died! :wallbash: ) ARGH!!!

Anyway, I was able to fish the lake for maybe a total of 2hours (on a small tinny). I have NEVER fished a lake with SOO MANY ACTIVE FISH! :D Mostly PIKE (hammerhandles) but MAN was the action intense... We were using 4" Yellow Tubes and basically just dragging it along the bottom w/ the occasional pop. Our lures would get a hit every 5min - SO MUCH ACTION!! My little cousin (13yrs) was having so much fun - but didn't like the teeth on the pike! LOL!!

The best part of this whole experience - The guy that took us on the Tinny (works for the Monastery P/T) is a Tournament Fisherman. He's offered me the privilege to fish with him on his boat sometime - and maybe even in a tourny with him! :| (I'm not counting on the tourny - considering money is involved & I wouldn't wanna be the reason why he lost! :P)

Anyway, if you ever are granted temp. access to fish this lake - bring your PIKE gear. According to the 'guide' that took us out - there are some trophy sized pike and bass.

From what I can recall - He's told me there are PERCH, PANFISH, PIKE and BASS in this lake.

Well, that's my report - again, sorry I couldn't attach any pictures! :wallbash: